Sunday, August 2, 2009

Will my bite and/or teeth get worse ?

I lost two bottom molars 10,11 years ago, 1 one each side of my mouth (1st molars). The molars that were right next to them have both tipped forward, and now i'm concerned that my mouth is going to change alot from here. There is no pain or discomfort, but my bite is off now to where I can notice. Should I really go ahead and have braces and implants put in ? Overall, my teeth are healthy and I do take good care of them.

Will my bite and/or teeth get worse ?
you can go ahead and get braces in. but i dont think you need implants.. unless you lost your adult teeth and havent had an adult tooth grown in for a spot.





so you definetely dont need implants, since youve taken well care if your teeth, but you can consider it if an area in your mouth doesnt have a permanent tooth growing out.





so sure, go for braces.
Reply:how old are you?





in any case i do strongly suggest that you do!!


i'm sure if you look closely inside your mouth , you will realize that not only your 2nd molars tipped forward to close the space, but if you look at the tooth upstairs ( in your upper ,maxilla) you will see that the 1st molar in the upper has grown too, meaning it has shifted downward! ( this is the normal thing, when you loose a tooth, the neibor tooth in the same arch , changes its postion to come and cover the space and the one on top grow downward to fill up the space as well!!1





please do consider trying to opening that space again ( a good prosthodontist will be able to assist you the best)


and yes i suggest implant instead of bridge , since in order to get the bridge two healthy teeth have to be shaved and loose healthy enamel in order to place the pontic there in the missing space....





also, the longer you wait , the more bone you loose in that area! and your gum will follow that bone!



skin care products

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net